According to Lang, it actually was a sprinters stage. Because there WAS a sprint for the stage win. There also was a sprint for 48th in the first grupetto, a sprint in my group for 60th, and also a HUGE sprint for 76th. Actually. People sprinting in grupettos is pretty funny to me. Because if you are in the grupetto, that means that you got dropped. But if there is a future wife-type in the area, maybe you should sprint. But I didn't sprint.
However, I did get dropped pretty H-Core. Once for good, but also about 7 other times for good measure. Turns out my rough estimate of three climbs actually was incorrect and for 85 miles we were either going up or down. I came off for good at roughly mile 63. I also came off at mile 35 or so, but luckily I was able to hop on the Dan Harm train and then we caught up.
But first, a crit to crush.
On the non-bike race side of things, here is what happened today-
- Barbeque- "Would you rather be attacked by: 150 Kittens who have a desire to kill you? or a medium sized alligator?"
- My answer was kittens. Because even though it would be pretty painful to be clawed to death, how could you possibly be angry when you see an adorable kitten staring at you? But actually now that I typed that out, I think I would way rather it be the alligator, because I really hate cats. Especially Tommy the Cat.
- 3 episodes of Parks and Recreation
- Zero studying for my final on Monday
- 3 apples eaten
- Only ONE shot of espresso all day!?!?!?! I think I just figured out the answer to almost everything above that I just wrote.